Teachers at Relevé Studios are asked to submit the names of students in their classes who they feel best exhibit and showcase the spirit of Relevé Studios and rate them through the following list of important qualifications.
- Character: reveals moral and ethical strength and nurtures others
- Talent: exhibits a great amount of giftedness in dance
- Potential: with additional instruction, could remarkably grow as a dancer
- Work Ethic: displays hard work and diligence in class and practices at home, a self-starter
- Attendance: misses class no more than once in any given six-week period
- Teamwork: the ability to work within a team environment
- Leadership: demonstrates a capacity or ability to lead by example or otherwise
Nominees will be notified of their nomination and given a time slot for a live interview with the LDF Board of Directors. Students will be asked a series of age appropriate questions about their experience with dancing.
A non-biased committee made up of members of the Little Daisy Memorial Scholarship Board will review each nomination in each age category. A point system is used by each comittee member to score the applications and a final vote decides the student in each category who will be awarded a scholarship. This voting committee is not comprised of or influenced by the teachers, staff or management of Relevé.
Scholarship nominees will be recognized and recipients will be announced at the end of the final Relevé Recital performance each year in June.